Italy is one of the countries in the world with rich cultural and traditional background, and this explains why many people opt for Italian for kids. Many parents in Italy (both of Italian heritage and from other nationalities) wish to teach their children the Italian language. This can be done in many ways and more easily if parents can fluently communicate in Italian language. Speaking Italian in your household with other people and your kids gives them a chance to learn this language easily and in the best possible.
Italian For Kids
It is also possible to teach Italian for kids if you do not speak this language, and yet your child fancies communicating in Italian. This is because there are ways in which this can be done. You can seek the services of a tutor, or enroll your kid in an Italian class, make use of books, flash cards, videos, audios and other educational tools. If you wish to take up the lesson on your won, it is essential that you posses solid grasp of this language. In case you are not well versed with Italian language, the fowling tips can be used.
Tips for Italian for kids
• It is important that you set plans on how to teach Italian for kids. This means that you need to establish when to teach your kid. This cans be one hour on daily basis, or one hour per week and so on. The plan should be in such a way that you and the kid are comfortable with it. It is recommended that for best results, you need to ensure that this lessons are taught on daily basis. This is because it will help the kid have fresh memories of what he was taught the other day. In your plan, you need to be aware of what should be taught, and this should be done systematically. You need to start with the basic things, and give your kid the chance to grow and explore the language to a great level.
• Numbers and letters should be the first priority during Italian for kids. You need to teach your child to count the numbers to 10 and also the letters to ‘Z’ or to any number that he will easily remember. You should also en sure that as you teach the child the numbers and letters (basics), they get the right spelling and pronunciation. This is because the foundation of your child will play a vital role in making sure that he becomes a good communicator of this language. You need to write the world on the board or book and help the child spell it. As he progresses, allow him to write the word or number, spell and pronounce it. In case he misses on some facts, correct him gently and in case he does it the right way, congratulate and encourage him. As the kid progresses, add more numbers, phrase and texts and slowly introduce some easy sentences. With a worksheet, he will be able to write and easily remember when he refers to it.
• Common nouns are essential when teaching Italian for kids. This should be done with some of the common things he is used to in the house especially objects. Common nouns at home are highly recommended for they help the child grasp them easily and also remember their spelling and pronunciation. The fact that the nouns or objects are in the house will help him pronounce their names when using them. At this stage, you need to slowly introduce some names such as those of vegetables and fruits, clothing, pets, furniture and other nouns every new lesson.
• Grammar is also essential when it comes to Italian for kids. You need to ensure that you explain the basic rules that are used in Italian grammar. Teach him some simple sentences such as “Hello, My name is” among others. Teach him the phrases in a sentence and ask him to construct easy and simple sentences using examples that you have taught him. With the same techniques, you should expand on grammar and vocabulary in every lesson.
• As aforementioned, Italian books should be used to kid the child learn the Italian language. Buy your child these books, which are available in bookshops in your local area. Help your child to read these books and allow them to read them on their own. This will enhance their reading, pronunciation as well as spelling skills of the Italian language.
• Italian songs, movies and TV shows are also significant when teaching Italian for kids. There are kid’s songs, movies as well as TV shows. Buy the songs and movies and ask your child to watch the TV shows. This will help him learn how to pronounce the words or phrases that are being used in the songs, movies or shows. In case of movies or TV shows, it is suggested that you opt for those in English with Italian sub-titles or vice versa.
• Exposure is also another way in which you can teach Italian for kids. You can take him to Italian cultural events, museums or any places that have Italian arts works. Have them look at Italian pictures that have been captioned, and also interact with other Italian children. Take him to Italian restaurants or prepare him Italian delicacies and teach him the names of the foods. You can also ensure that your kid leaves like an Italian. You can buy him Italian clothes especially soccer jerseys.
Italian For Kids – The Conclusion
Teaching your child an extra language is imperative in many ways. There are many languages that you can opt to teach your kid, though it is advised that he should show an interest in it. If you make use of the above tips, you will find it easy to teach your kid Italian and it will also prove to be an easy task for him to learn. Always encourage him to learn an extra language for it can be a way of shaping his career. In case you are not well versed with this language, then it is suggested that you entrust in the services of Italian for kids tutor.